B18BAA - [ES10-4] - 6986191470783Regular price $47.00
The Petzl Basic is the classic ascender from Petzl, used by cavers, mountaineers and access workers alike. It works by the toothed cam clamping the rope when downward pressure is applied. The large bottom hole will easily take two carabiners, lanyard and foot loop. The cam can be disengaged by hooking the trigger to the side.
The principal difference between the Basic and Croll ascenders is that on the Croll the top attachment is only on one side so that it can be worn with a chest harness to ensure that the device lies flat on the user's chest. This is primarily of use to cavers and other SRT users who are looking for the most comfortable way to ascend long pitches.
Petzl Basic Features
- Compact ascender with excellent grip
- Can be used for rope ascent on a fixed line or as progress capture in a hauling system
- Toothed cam with self-cleaning slot optimizes performance under any conditions
- Stainless steel cam has better resistance to corrosion
- Lower attachment hole large enough for two carabiners (lanyard and foot loop)
- Upper connection hole for guiding the rope
- Material(s): aluminium for the frame, stainless steel for the cam, nylon for the trigger.
- Weight: 90 g