Collins Ramblers Guide: Lake District [ISBN: 978 0 00 220136 0]
- 6754099658943Regular price £9.16
Produced in co-operation with the Ramblers' Association and Harvey maps, this series covers some of the most popular walking areas in Britain and Ireland, combining detailed route descriptions with information on the local history and wildlife.
Among the most spectacular landscapes in Britain, the Lake District offers a unique combination of crag and cafe, of ice-climb and ice-cream shop, or of the slippery gill and the hollyhocks of the cottage garden. It is this that makes the Lake District the perfect place for a walk on the wild - and yet civilised - side.
- The only series endorsed by the Ramblers' Association.
- Thirty walks are described and illustrated with stunning colour photographs.
- Each route is graded to show whether it is suitable for beginners or more experienced walkers; the book includes many challenging walks.
- Includes information on the natural history and wildlife of each area, and other points of interest.